Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mortgage Escrow

I got a notice in my E-Mail about Escrow activity happening on my account. I take a look and it appears that my annual Homeowners Insurance premium of $720 was paid. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about paying these bills, even if it means that I have an opportunity cost by keeping the money in the escrow account. The one problem I have with this payment is that two weeks ago there was another Homeowners insurance payment of $720 deducted.

This is the first time that this has happened, so I will give them a chance to resolve it. However, if this becomes a trend rather than a rare occourance, I believe that I may be in for some very frustrating times. I sent in a request for information on those transactions, we'll see what I hear.

No comments: