Saturday, November 3, 2007

Online Personal Finance Blogs

I have been reading different blogs online and have notice that most of them fall into two categories: "Pay off Consumer Debt" or "Increase your Current Capital".

This is all fine and dandy, but it sometimes makes me feel like I'm in the middle ground. I never got into much debt (I agonized for months about taking out a $5000 student loan), but I don't yet have capital to push for higher and higher gains.

The place where I do find the most knowledge to apply is in the Frugal blogs. While I don't consider them pure personal finance blogs, they fill that empty gulf between paying off debt and investing. They are the step that needs to be taken throughout all three phases of a person's financial life, and the only step that I feel applies to my current phase.

In that Respect, here's a couple of blogs about Frugality:

Frugal for Life
Live Frugal

and lastly, the Frugal Hacks site:

Frugal Hacks

Remember: Living below your means is the key; not necessarily to wealth, but definitely to financial security.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Thank you! I, too, find the most inspiration in the day-to-day moneysaving details.

The more my family can shave off our monthly spending, the more we can save for the future.